Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wiz Khalifa - Say Yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MIHfZxIdQ&feature=player_embedded

Wiz Khalifa, one of the most current rappers in the hip-hop industry, has been catching my attention lately. The song in the video I posted is called Say Yeah. This song has a techno feel to it, which is an unusual beat for rappers to rap to. My favorite line in the song is “Hell no I aint countin’ my dough, I came to blow it all and get some brain tryna find mrs. Know it all.” I personally don’t really listen to Wiz Khalifa but this song kind of stood out to me. It’s very catchy and actually shows Wiz Khalifa’s lyrical skills. After I listened to this song I asked others what their favorite Wiz Khalifa song was and the main song everyone mentioned was Never Been off his latest mixtape Kush & Orange Juice. Wiz Khalifa is a rapper out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is also known for making the song Black & Yellow that obviously supports the Pittsburgh Steelers (my favorite football team). I literally have been listening to this song since my friend, Prince, introduced it to me earlier today. This is a really good song so why not share? This is the type of song you could blast in your car going fast on the expressway or when your at the club with all your friends. It’s basically a hype/party song. I really, really like this song and I’m actually listening to it while I’m typing this. EVERYONE SHOULD LISTEN TO IT =]

1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree with you that this a great song and he is one of the top rappers out there right now. I first heard this song 2-3 years ago at the end of my senior year in high school and liked it, but I had no clue who it was. It took me a little while to figure it out because he wasn't very well known yet. And now that "Black and Yellow" is out, he's everywhere ad everyone knows who he is. After his name got out there a bit, I started listening to his music more and found that I liked it. I have a Wiz Khalifa pandora channel and went out and bought one of his earlier cds, "Deal or no Deal," a couple weeks ago. Two of the tracks that I like off of the cd are "Lose Control" and "Goodbye." The first one is similar to "Say Yeah" in that it has a quicker beat and tone. He's made a name for himself again and people respect him. When you have Lil' Wayne freestyling over your beats,(his new "Green and Yellow), must have done something right to be grabbing people's attention. New album comes out on March 29th...everyone should go get it

    ReplyDelete