Tuesday, February 22, 2011

4 American Hostage Killed By Pirates

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/piracy


As I was searching the yahoo engine, I came across this article. The article main focus was about how four Americans were kidnapped and killed by Somali pirates by the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean. While reading this article I was extremely shock at the situation that took place. When I think of pirates, I do not associate them into reality but something that I would see or hear about in a movie. This was a major concern for me and kind of frightened me to travel across seas. These innocent people were just trying to enjoy a mini vacation and out of nowhere, they are kidnap by people from East Africa. It brings a major awareness as to what is going on around the world. Even though many people may not know but pirate attacks has occur multiple times within the past 50 years. There are also warnings on what areas to be cautious of the number of pirates. It goes to show that research should be made before attempting t take a trip on the sea. Not only should the area be researched but also the route in which the ship is going to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment