Monday, February 7, 2011

ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011


I am a citizen of Bangladesh, and back in my country the most popular sport is Cricket. Some of you might not even know what Cricket is. It is a team game consisting of 11 players on each team. It kind of works like baseball, only a bit more complicated. 11 players are on the pitch, with the pitchers known as the bowlers, and the catchers known as the fielders. The batsmen come together as two on each end and try and score as many runs as possible for their respective teams. The target of the fielding team would be to score more runs than the previous team (while batting) without the loss of 10 wickets that each team is allowed. Ok, that’s not the fact I am rambling about this. The main point is, the Cricket World Cup is in about 11 days from today, and my country is participating in it. The feeling is amazing; back in my country; the streets will be flooded with cricket fans waving the green and red flag. It is the atmosphere in the country during a Super Bowl, or when the United States soccer team goes into a World Cup. People will have an overjoyed feeling all around, and emotions will run high. The World Cup also includes 14 other teams consisting of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, England, Netherlands, Kenya, the West Indies, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Australia, Ireland and New Zea land. It is a tournament that lasts for a month where eventually there is a Champion. I just wished I was back in my country for the World Cup as this time we are also the co-hosting Nation along with India and Sri Lanka. We will actually be having some of the World Cup matches in our country this time. Anyways my support is still going to be there for my country despite the fact that i am not there back home and I have to enjoy the whole World Cup from the computer screen of a Dell Laptop far far away here in the city of Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment