Friday, February 11, 2011

Buffalo Sabres

Playoff Intro

My mother grew up in Buffalo, and my grandparents still live here in Williamsville, NY. As a child I was always up here for visiting during holidays and such. The Buffalo area really started to grow on me and it is another reason why I chose to come here to UB. But, the one thing that stands out about this area is their pride in their hockey team. Hockey is like religion around here to some people, there is blue and yellow everywhere for the Sabres. The amount of support and following the team gets is amazing. The video I posted is one of my favorite clips, it is the opening video from the 2007 playoff broadcast. I feel like the video is very emotional for anyone that respects Buffalo, or the Buffalo Sabres. When playoff time comes around here in buffalo, granted that the sabres make the post season, the city's atmosphere changes. Everything is much more exciting and upbeat. The same goes for when they lose, everyone walks out of the arena with a depressed look. If the team takes a hit, the city takes a hit, vice versa. I feel as though the Sabres is the one thing that is still ties this city together. The Bills also play a roll, but many have lost faith. The Sabres fan base brings a sense of unity into town. It is a unique feeling to describe when I see this video, it is a very warm proud feeling. With the Goo Goo Dolls in the background, this video just gives me this great feeling every-time I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment