Sunday, February 13, 2011

MEGABUS

This weekend I went to Washington DC to visit my boyfriend Jordan. He’s in DC because he attends The George Washington University. I immediately booked my bus ticket about two months ago for Valentines Day weekend. When I went onto Megabus’ website, I saw that the fare was only two dollars and 50 cents! I couldn’t turn down such an opportunity like this one, even if the travel duration was a little over nine hours. Megabus is a great means of transportation; there were outlets and wifi, which contributed in making my ride a very comfortable one. During the trip, I made friends with a couple interesting people. I got along with one girl in particular. The bus had departed at 11:45 Thursday morning, but after being on the road for fifteen minutes, we had to turn around because we had left without one of the passengers. When the girl stepped on the bus, I said that she was very lucky that the bus driver had turned around. Unexpectedly she replied with her hands and mouthed out that she was deaf. The whole bus ride her and me conversed through texts about the little vacation we both were embarking on and what we were doing for the weekend. When I was in a taxi yesterday, it amazed me how my ten-minute cab ride was more expensive than my nine-hour bus ride! Megabus is a great means of transportation

http://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment