Sunday, February 27, 2011

Driving

Sometimes, there is nothing better than just getting in your car and taking it out on the open road. I was always fascinated with cars growing up, as my dad was outside in the driveway everyday repairing something. My dad always had a nice sports car and cycled through many different ones. As early as I can remember, he started with a white '65 chevy impala. The next car he had gotten was a 1970s chevrolet chevelle. After selling that, he purchased a black '66 Chevrolet Caprice supersport. This was probably the best restored car he owned and it was a very cool car. He owned this car fora very long time, but then he finally wished to sell it. The host of the Motor Trend TV show had come to buy it, bringing a huge trailer to take it away. After this sale, my dad switched paths from American muscle to German engineering as he came across a 1980 Porsche 911sc. This was the car I first learned to drive standard on and we still own the car today. My dad and I are now involved with the Porsche Club of America and we have driven Watkins Glen with the 911. My first time driving the track, I was fascinated. There is nothing better. I love the feeling, adrenaline constantly rushing through your veins. I now have my own 1988 Porsche 944. It's nothing special, but nothing is more soothing than just getting into a car and driving for no reason at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment