Saturday, February 26, 2011

Do People Really Go Crazy On Spring Break?

Beaches. Tanning. Partying. Drinking. Hot people. Drunk college kids. All of this is associated with Spring Break, but is that what all college kids really do? Movies and television shows are always referring to spring break as the time when college kids go crazy in Cancun, Miami or some other hot destination. This is when they are partying all the time and the girls are loose and ready to do anything. I must be a really boring child, which I don’t think is true but maybe in this case it is, but I just go home for break and annoy my parents. Instead of going to the beach to stare at some hot guy, I’m going to the beach to make sandcastles with my brothers. Instead of tanning, I hide from the sun like I’m a Cullen and watch tv. Partying would consist of playing Just Dance on the Wii. Drinking would be iced tea or if I’m feeling wild some Mountain Dew Code Red. Hot people would be my model cousin who practically lives at my house and drunk college kids would be my sister after a family party. I know I’m just one person but even my friends who are in college don’t go all out like they say you do for Spring Break.

Then there is this other option that is given instead of the partying, something completely different and selfless, community service. You would be going to another country and building houses or something similar. This option is really great and people should do it, but the college only gives us a week. I like relaxing during this week and I have never heard of anyone taking this option though I’m sure people do and applaud them for it. I would just like to know how many people actually go wild, go Mother Teresa or go lazy for spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment