Sunday, April 3, 2011

Majoring in College

After graduating from high school, I was very skeptical about going to college because I felt as if I was not sure of the type of career I wanted to major in. So, I did not want to waste money and time if I was not sure of what career I wanted to major in. However, with my family’s advice, I eventually decided to go to college. And I must say, being in college has taught me a valuable lesson about life. College is not about majoring in a specific major and getting a specific job or career; it is about finding yourself and what you love to do.

With registration coming up, I was becoming nervous about what classes I should take next semester because I am still undecided. When I went to a meeting with my advisor, she told me a story about how she went to college for four years, got accepted to a graduate school for law, but two weeks before graduation, she decided not to go to graduate school. Before graduation, she explained to me that, going to law school was something that was not for her and she did not want to go anymore. So she wrote down everything that she enjoyed doing, and took her next steps from there.

As of right now, I am just going to continue to take different courses, to find out what really I really enjoy doing. I am still young, so I have lots of time to decided what kind of career I want to have. Honestly, I really do not care; I just want to be happy with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment