Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kobi Levi makes art out of an everyday item; shoes. Of course, fashion is a form of artwork, but Levi takes his shoe designs to a whole new level of artwork. Levi, a graduate of Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, uses shoes as his canvas choice. Levi's shoes are completely one of a kind. He hand-creates all of them in his studio. All of his footwear is completely functional; they are all wearable. I tried to find more information on where to purchase his footwear or the approximate costs of a pair of the shoes, but I was not able to find any information out online. Until then, I guess most of use will just have to admire his shoes from his personal website, which includes a display of many of his shoes. Currently, Kobi Levi is working on a men's footwear line in Tel Aviv, Israel. His shoe artwork has been featured in exhibitions in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Tokyo, Verona, St. Entienne, and Berlin. Levi is definitely very talented. I have never seen a pair of shoes like his designs. Although I do not think I would ever wear any of these shoes, because of how bizarre they are, they sure are interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment