Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rebecca Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

If anyone hasn’t seen this video, although I don’t know how you haven’t by now, I suggest you watch it immediately for a good laugh. Rebecca Black paid a recording company $2,000.00 to record a song written by the owners of the company and make a music video for it. When first signing on to do this, I doubt she even imagined that she would be where she is today, only about two weeks later. Rebecca Black’s song “Friday” went viral about two weeks ago and has been ridiculed all over the world. She has been catapulted into stardom overnight because of her lack of talent and inane song lyrics. The video currently has over 58 million views and has made headlines all over the world. I think it is insane to think that a 13 year old girl can become so famous worldwide so quickly just because of the power of the internet. She is being criticized for “Friday” more than she is being applauded. Although the only reason she has obtained such stardom so quickly is because her song is terrible, companies are still commercializing her because people find it humorous to hear about the things she’s doing. Because she has brought so much attention to herself, regardless of the negativity causing it, I feel that she has started a career for herself and will have many opportunities because people enjoy kicking others when they’re down. Even though I don’t want to pat her on the back for her lack of talent, I must pat her on the back for bringing so much attention to herself and opening a lot of doors. Hey, if I could put out one horrible song and get paid $27,000.00 a week for it, I probably would. Props to her.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I think this Rebecca Black song has to be one of the simplest songs, I EVER Heard! The lyrics are something my 6-year-old cousin could have came up with well actually anyone who knows the days of the week. The thing about this song is that it is extremely catchy and when I am not noticing, sometimes I began to sing it especially on Friday. The feedback that she got was I feel a bit harsh. I remember reading a comment under the YouTube video and it said that she should just kill herself. Now I feel no matter how much you hate the song you should not tell that to a 13-year-old girl. As much as everyone is complaining about the song, she is making a lot of money off of it. What was also extremely weird to me was the random black dude in the video like he is super old and where did he come from. I honestly have no clue as to what he was rapping about. I think that when Rebecca Black gets a few years older she would probably laugh at herself for this but will be happy she did it despite the negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete