Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home sweet home.

I am desperately waiting for 43 more days to pass. Guess why? It is because all the stress from this academic life will be gone away from life for a while. Yes, it is summer break and I can’t wait to go back to my country in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The feeling of living in a country so far away from your family is indeed terrible. Never knew when I made the choice of studying abroad, that I was going to miss my home so much. I miss everything about home. Or maybe it is because the stress level here is too much, due to ongoing studies, involvement in the university and athletics. At home it was just sleeping late till noon, waking up and playing video games with my little brother and going out to have fun with my friends. It is not only that, the food that they provide in the dining halls of the residence halls is nothing close enough to the food that my mum prepares at home. So yes, add that to the ‘miss-list’ too.

We all have about 5 weeks of academic classes left before we each head off to our respective homes. I am just taking these days one day at a time and waiting for the flight on the morning of 13th May that is going to take me back to Dubai. And I am pretty sure that there are many more like me who can’t wait to go see their family, and finally sleep in their perfectly comfortable beds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment